Monday, September 23, 2013

Music Monday

Music has and will always be a very big part of my life.  Pretty much since I could talk I have been singing and listening to all sorts of music.  My parents are both good singers and they luckily passed on those genes to my brothers and myself.  We grew up listening to everything from the Gaither Vocal Band to James Taylor and lots of different genres in between.  I remember the very first cd I got and the first concert I attended, like it was yesterday.  Both of which I will cringe to say, because of her track record since, were Britney Spears. Ok, ok laugh all you want but I was in 2nd or 3rd grade and she was cool back then.  I used to have concerts in my living room at home and hang signs all over the house for guests to attend.

As I grew older, thankfully my taste in music developed. One of my favorite things to do is go see live shows! This weekend I was able to go to see Sara Bareilles and One Republic in Grand Praire, TX with my dad and little brother.  If you haven't heard their music you should really give it a listen! Sara Bareilles is my all time favorite singer.  She came out with her first single when I was 16 called Love Song.  She writes all of her own music and has an incredible voice.  I don't know how, but she was better live than on the cd.  One Republic was just as good.  Their high energy beats and catchy lyrics kept everyone in the crowds singing and swaying with them.  It was probably the best show I have seen because there was not one but two acts I absolutely love.  I could honestly sing every word.

In honor of my concert experience this weekend I thought I would count down my top five favorite concerts ever.

5. Kari Jobe- I saw Kari Jobe when I was a freshman in college.  I actually got a call from one of my pastors asking if I wanted to pick her up from her hotel and of course I said yes.  She was the sweetest person and her music truly allowed my heart to worship God.

4. Jason Mraz- I went to see Jason in Little Rock my senior year of high school.  He has always been one of my favorite musicians.  This concert was special to me because it was my first road trip with a friend.  My friend Coley came with me and we had written her mom a two page persuasive letter to get her to allow her to come.  It was a blast!  

3. Hillsong United- I saw Hillsong United both my freshman year of college and my senior year of college.  They put on a giant worship fest every time they get on stage.  It is absolutely an amazing experience to get to sing songs to the creator with so many believers.  I loved every minute of both concerts!

2. Coldplay- Two was really hard because honestly they could very well be number 1.  I don't believe you can be a music fan without liking Coldplay.  They are pure artists.  This concert blew my mind.  Everyone got wristbands that blinked to the beat of the music different colors, filling the stadium with thousands of twinkle lights.  It was simply amazing.

1. Sara Bareilles and One Republic- This was such a fun show.  As I have said above, I don't think you could find two better live performers in one show.




What kind of music do you enjoy?  Until next time!

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment