Thursday, January 8, 2015

Resolved to Gratefulness

Welcome to 2015!  We are almost 9 days in at this time and I am just now starting this new year.  Every year I, like many other people around the world, create a list of things I will try to do in the new year.  Like most out there, I give it the ole' college try and by March I am back where I was  the previous October.  This year however I am resolving for something different.  I am striving for a heart of gratefulness.

2014 was a year unlike any I ever had and to be completely honest I think most of the year I was just holding my breath waiting on the days to pass and grasping hold of any solid thing I could, in fear of it changing day by day.  I learned so much about myself in the one year I was out of school.  In 2014 my life plan got completely flipped upside down and yet I landed on my feet with a new job, a new focus and a love for Jesus that I don't think I would have ever gotten had He not taken the plans I had made away.

So, here we are in 2015 and for the first time I am choosing to not plan out my goals but instead make a simple but life changing resolution for 2015.  I want 2015 to be a year where I find blessings in the curve balls.  I want to see life through new eyes of grace.  I want to focus less and less on all the negativity that tends to bog us down and just take a moment everyday to be grateful for the life we live.

I just spent 5 days on the ocean with 26 of my family members.  It was so fun getting to sit around a table or lay on the beach and just enjoy each others company.  I looked around and thought about how amazing it was that nearly all of my family on one side could coordinate their schedules to be without cell service and work and just hang out for 5 days.  It is a true blessing I don't think any of us will forget.

For all of 2015 I will be writing down 3 things everyday that I am grateful for.  What are you challenging yourself to?

No comments:

Post a Comment