Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Hello, Little Rock!

Well I am officially a resident of Little Rock as of Sunday night.  I decided to move down a full week before I start work so that I can familiarize myself with the city and get comfortable.  So far so good.  I spent the majority of Sunday night organizing my new room and making it feel like home.  I am lucky to have a wonderful uncle that graciously is allowing me to stay with him during my internship.  I also found an amazing gym not far from where I live for super cheap!  Score!!!

I start my internship on Monday.  I am going to be starting in housekeeping for the next 2 weeks and then I will be in laundry for one week after that.  Though these jobs aren't the most glamorous I really feel like they will teach me things that most people in hospitality don't ever get to learn.  So far that is the only part of my schedule I know for sure.  I do know that I will be pretty busy until it's over in December.  I had a meeting at the hotel today to discuss all that I will be doing.  I cannot explain to you how incredibly lucky I feel to be given this opportunity.

Today I also went to see the movie the Butler.  It was awesome!  Such good acting and a great story all about an African American butler that worked for the White House during several Presidency's and also during the civil rights movement.  It is based on a true story and if you haven't seen it, you should check it out.

I am quickly learning my way around town.  I am lucky to be blessed with the ability to easily remember streets and landmarks and I can say with pride that I haven't had to use my GPS but 2 times in the past few days! Woohoo!  So tonight after an awesome workout I decided to explore a little bit.  Let's just say, there are a lot more places to go than in Fort Smith haha.  I can't wait to find more things the rest of the week!

We will see what's next!

-Rachel

Picture of me just hanging out and the hotel lobby of the Capital.  
I took this picture as I waited for my lunch meeting! Such a beautiful place! 

No comments:

Post a Comment