Monday, August 12, 2013

Hello, World!

Welcome to my life.  I am creating this blog to document my new journey in life.  I am moving to a new city to start an amazing internship at the Capital Hotel.  This is the last step in finishing my college degree. I am beyond pumped to be almost through and to be given such an awesome way to finish my college career.  Here is a little background on the hotel I will be working at: it is first of all the only 4 star hotel in the state of Arkansas.  It is 134 years old and there are 94 rooms and two restaurants in the hotel. It also has one of, if not the largest hotel elevators in the world.  It was said to be made large enough that President Grant could ride his horse onto it. The hotel really is amazing.  I was privileged to get to stay there over spring break for a night to job shadow and interview for the internship and let me tell you, it was luxurious.  While I am there I will work for about 2-3 weeks in every department in the hotel.  Yes, I will have to work in housekeeping.  I keep telling myself that I can do anything for 2-3 weeks ;).  I will be using this blog to tell you all about my adventures, amusements, triumphs and even failures.  

I am excited and nervous to start this chapter of my life.  For the first time I am moving to a city that I really don't have any friends.  I think at this point in my life however, I am ready for the change and the challenge.  For those of you who know me, that last line may have come as a shock haha.  I am not someone who enjoys change.  I prefer things to stay the same or similar because I am all about routine, consistency and a well thought out plan.  I think that this move and internship are going to challenge me to release some control and roll with the punches.  We will see how things go! 

Can't wait to share my journey with you.

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment