Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Off to College He Goes

Today I am, with my family, moving my brother to college for the first time.  I can not believe he is old enough for college.  Luckily, he will only be 25 minutes away from me.

Since he was born we have always been close.  Coming from a big blended family, I can proudly say I have a very different relationship with each of my siblings.  My relationship with Devin has always been a friendship more than anything else but at the same time he is definitely the one I would fight with the most. Our age difference is 3 1/2 years, and then our next brother didn't come along for 5 years, so for quite a while it was just us two.  We played together all day long, as long as it was what I wanted to play haha.  He was an awesome Ken to my Barbie, student to my teacher, backup dancer to my Britney Spears.  We would spend hours hidden in our rooms making radio stations.  Back before there were cd players in cars, we would set up two cd players in our rooms, one to record the tape and the other one to play our radio playlists all chosen from our favorite cd collections.  "Cool Tunes Radio" had the hippest DJ's around.  Our commercial's between songs would send anyone out to buy the products we promoted ;).  I will forever cherish the memories of our youth.

As teenagers and young adults we got busy with our friends, social lives, and even my going to college but we always made time to go see a movie together, watch our favorite tv shows, and try to make it to at least one major concert a year.  I am so lucky to have such an amazing brother.  Devin, I know you will do awesome in school and I know without a shadow of a doubt that you have it in you to be the biggest star broadcaster ever.  Honestly, if you have met my brother then you know that he is one of the most personable, well spoken, funniest guys you will ever meet!

Good luck Dev! I will be praying for you!

-Rachel




No comments:

Post a Comment